The organization is known for its high-quality and durable products. An efficient and sustainable production process is therefore indispensable.
They continuously work on monitoring and optimizing their processes in order to provide customers with the best possible service. To achieve this, they have a team that focuses on production engineering to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of production operations.
What are you going to do?
As a production engineer you are at the forefront of innovation and you are responsible for industrializing best-practice production methods. Together with your colleagues, you optimize the production processes of the production department. You will focus on process design and development of future products and also process optimization of existing assembly processes of current products.
To do this, you work together with Manufacturing, Sales, Engineering and Quality Assurance to ensure smooth operation towards BU.
Every year they produce thousands of marine engines and hundreds of tractors, and the demands of the Business Units are even increasing. In addition, electric powertrains will be assembled in the near future. Challenging enough to keep you entertained for years to come.
Your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and industrialize production and assembly processes for new or modified products, monitor progress and troubleshoot to ensure successful implementation;
- Monitor and measure process output results and investigate process variation using improvement methods. Suggest countermeasures for disruptions and suggest process improvements.
- Control costs to ensure cost-effective production while producing high-quality products;
- Provide first-line support for production problems, coordinate activities with external parties.
- Identify training needs to ensure optimal efficiency and timely support for production processes;
- Advising and implementing process improvements to meet customer needs.
- Assisting in the development and testing of new methods and techniques.
The ideal candidate:
Our ideal production engineer is pragmatic, creative and a team player. You have strong organizational skills and a strong awareness of safety and health. You are willing to keep learning and constantly improve yourself. You dare to raise issues where "we've been doing this for years" is not an argument, because "There's nothing as useless as doing efficiently what shouldn't be done at all."
- Knowledge at bachelor level, from education or experience;
- Preferably 3 years of experience (ambitious graduates are also encouraged to apply);
- Good understanding of production planning and control, and the willingness to quickly acquire company-specific knowledge, understand the wider organization and its strategic objectives, understand environment and market, constantly look outside, pragmatic;
- The following (mindset) qualities apply to you: Logical and critical thinking, detail-oriented with a strong analytical and decision-making ability, strong in stakeholder management;
- Strong language skills, fluent in both spoken and written Dutch and English.
In this position as a Production Engineer you are of great value in making the production process run smoothly. They offer a position in a truly international organization, with respect for everyone's culture and room for individual development. A job in a dynamic environment where every day is different. Freedom to take initiative and express ideas. Motivated and open colleagues who are happy to welcome you.
- A competitive salary that matches your knowledge and experience;
- A standard working week of 37.5 hours, with flexible working hours;
- The possibility to follow training and education;
- Commuting allowance;
- 27 vacation days (+the ability to build up time for time);
- 8% holiday allowance, end-of-year bonus based on operating results;
- Good pension scheme and collective health insurance.
We have been asked to mediate for this vacancy. If you are interested, we would like to receive your application with an extensive CV. You can send the application digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact Ron Geppaart, 070-3456574. See also for information about W&S bureau 2nd-Dimension, www.2nd-dimension.nl